Reflexology and its benefits
Reflexology is a holistic therapy that aims to treat the body as a whole through applying pressure to points in the hands or feet. The theory behind reflexology is that areas of the foot correspond to areas of the body. Reflexology reduces stress, lessens anxiety, promotes sleep, reduces pain and promotes general wellbeing. Reflexology does not claim to cure or diagnose. As well as offering reflexology on the feet, Anne is trained in hand, facial and ear reflexologies and you can have your treatments continue after you leave the clinic through the use of the growing trend of ear seeding.
Reflexology is a holistic treatment based on the principle that there are areas and points on the feet, hands, and ears that map via the nervous system to corresponding parts of the body. When pressure is applied to these areas and points it stimulates the movement of energy along the nerve channels, and helps to restore homeostasis (balance) in the whole body.
- Helps alleviate stress and anxiety.
- Boosts circulation throughout the body.
- Aids in the removal of toxins.
- Helps the body maintain a natural state of homeostasis.
- Encourages the immune system to work at its optimum level.
- Increases energy levels.
- Relieves common aches and pains.
- Contributes to the overall well-being of the body, mind, and soul.
- Promotes healthy organ function.